Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jeep Tour

Over the course of the last couple of days here at the National Born Free Rally, I have made many new Born Free friends. We been exchanging stories, travel tips, and laughs. Now I can add Van, Marty, and Dolores to my new friends and Jeeping to my adventures! Van and Marty rented a Jeep and invited Dolores who in turn invited me to join them on a Jeep tour into the San Juan mountains. Talk about clueless! What a trip!

Here are the Jeeps lined up to let air out of the tires - decrease the pressure down to about 22psi. Our fearless driver, Van, checks the Jeep's tire pressure. We're now ready to leave the Lake City area and begin our ascent on the Alpine Loop. We did two trails - Cinnamon Pass and Engineer Pass.  A spectacular ride up to 12,640 feet. What goes up must come down and down we did - safe and sound! Van did a phenomenal job navigating trails that weren't but a foot or two wider than our Jeep. I feel like I've been up to the top of the world and back!

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog. We had fun that day too.

    Linda and Jeff

    ReplyDelete