Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rafting the Rio Grande

Yesterday, I spent touring downtown Creede including the Creede Underground Mining Museum.  Although the museum has never been used for commercial production, its an incredibly authentic example of the methods and techniques used in the old days. Plus literally a really "cool" place to hang out.

While out and about, I signed myself up for a white water rafting trip down the Rio Grande. I met my group at 9:00 am and off we went to the launch point, a defunct fish hatchery, which was right next door to our campground - Mountain Views at Rivers Edge RV Resort.
















The stretch of the Rio Grand that I rafted is considered a Class II - III. We put in about 18 miles south of the head waters and went down river about 15 miles over the course of 3 hours. Way too much fun and I have the pictures to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment