Monday, June 20, 2011

It floats!

Who knew?  Loading the Born Free, the Honda, and Monte on the ferry would be such a piece of cake.  I didn't have to do anything.  I arrived at the ferry, checked in, unhooked the Honda, and an attendant backed the Born Free onto the ferry - with Monte on board.














All I had to do was walk on, find a comfy spot for 4 hours, and read my book. Couldn't be easier. The SS Badger is the largest car ferry ever built for Great Lakes service. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Badger is the only coal-powered passenger ship still in regular service in the US. It runs between Ludington, MI and Manitowoc, WI sailing late May through October. Wow! Lucky me!















Watched the "mating" of the ferry and the dock.  Talk about threading a needle.  This is some precise navigating.


















One of the first off the ferry soon followed by the Honda. I hurried off to go check on Monte. Well - I think he likes riding boats better than motor homes. No problems at all.  The ferry docked just before noon and I was on the road again by 12:30 - that's central time now. Tomorrow, it's on to Humboldt to join the Born Free cult.

No comments:

Post a Comment