Friday, June 24, 2011

Matilda and the Blustery Day(s)

Two days on the road battling nasty winds that pushed Matilda and me to the limit - but not Monte who was along for the ride as usual.  I was warned before leaving Humboldt, that I needed to cross the flooding Missouri in one of two places due to road closures - so I choose Interstate 80 which worked out just fine.  I spent one night in Gretna, Nebraska and another in Goodland, Kansas. But it was the wind not water that was painful. Instead of going due west, I started going south and then west - cutting through the country...incredible country! I should have known wind was going to be an issue even under the best of circumstances when I kept seeing wind farms scattered along my route. Tomorrow, it's Alamosa, Colorado or bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment