Saturday, July 16, 2011

Trail Ridge Road

Oh my goodness...today was the big day.  I've done some ups and some downs as I've traveled through Colorado, but nothing like today. In order to get from the east side of Rocky Mountain National Park to the west side, I had to go over Trail Ridge Road. It's only 40 miles but let's talk about leaving one world and entering another. Trail Ridge Road is another example of America's scenic byways. The road climbs to 12,183 feet above sea level. It was curvy as well as "hilly" to say the least. Again I started early to get ahead of my fellow travelers - I go slow and hate to have someone on my bumper. At the half way point was Alpine Visitor Center at 11,796. My big payoff occurred right after I left - elk waiting in the road for me to take their picture. Yes, I did. Stopped right there and took their pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment