Sunday, May 3, 2009

Summer in Connecticut


April 1st found me leaving Bill and Billie's Flagler Beach house after lots of good times and with some really great memories. Totally wonderful winter in Shangri-La. Now the long road back to Connecticut via Texas. Once again we headed west across I-10 dodging spring thunderstorms aiming for Annette's house in Cameron. Stopped in to vistit with Annette for a couple of days and long enough to pickup a smoked turkey for Kevin. Parked in Richardson to visit with Beth one more tme and then just one more stop in Texas - Millsap. Matilda, as in Waltzing Matilda the Born Free motor coach, got a wash and wax from Rueben...a real spring cleaning.

Traveling northeast, I averaged about 250 to 300 miles per day stopping in Mt. Pleasant, TX; Memphis, TN; Nashville, TN; and Bristol, TN (see picture above). The campground in Bristol was great. I actually spent two nights just enjoying the spring weather. Tennessee is a really long state! Finally made it to Natural Bridge, VA. Way hilly! I got lucky to get one of the more level campground spots! Two more nights on the road in Maryland and Pennsylvania and finally crossed the Tappan Zee. Who knew just crossing the Tappan Zee would make me feel like I was home? That and the nasty roads!

Drove in to my driveway and was parked by 1:30 in the afternoon by the end of April. My first season in my RV is over but never to be forgotten. Monte and I met so many wonderful campers - human, canine, feline, and yes, feathered ones, too! Of course, I can't thank Janet, Beth, Jayne and Karl, and Kevin, Luz, and Kayla for coming down to Florida to tool around with me in my home away from home. Or thank Annette, Kevin, and Beth for hosting me - gives a whole new meaning to plugging in!

No comments:

Post a Comment