Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Room with a view

Driving down to Hudson Monday morning, I was able to see Florida burning from a distance. Large brush fires off of Hwy 50 filled the sky with smoke. Glad I was generally travelling in the opposite direction! Well...got to Sandy and Tom's campground around 1:30 - what a treat. First, the last time we were together was in 2004 - like 5 years ago and it's as if no time at all has passed. We picked up right where we left off and haven't stopped talking and laughing. Second, I got a wonderful site, at least for the first night, right down the street from their motorhome and in front of the campground pond. Heard tell that there used to be a resident alligator but he's no more. Anyway, this morning I moved the Born Free over a couple of streets since the first site was already spoken for...now Monte and I are closer to the dumpster and dog walk - we all have our priorities!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,

    How is everything? The way it sounds, GREAT! i like Shangri La, someday I'll visit my Shangri La, hehehheh. Can't wait to see Monte. Today is a beautiful day, it's going to be 60 or a little more today. It's about time, we had a rough winter. You had a good winter to get away. Can You let me know when you are going to be home, because I would like to go through the house one more time before u get there. Be safe, have a nice rest of your trip in Shangri La. See you in good ole CT.

    Your friend, Gina

    ReplyDelete